Skaters:

Serge Berig
CONTACT EMAIL: skateforthetwins@gmail.com


June 7/8 Update

I was leaving the best western in Athens and started talking to the manager about how my deck was done and I had to walk 50 miles from Athens Ohio to Greensburg Indiana, to where LBL shipped the new one. This lady (Beth) heard my story and offered to drive me there. She treated me to a delicious milkshake in athens (United Dairy Farmers) and a tasty burger in Greensburg. I got to meet her sister and her wonderful family. It turns out that her mother had breast cancer, and passed away on May 22nd, which is when I started my trip. On this trip, I have met wonderful people, without them I do not think I would be able to keep on going. Beth treated me like a family member and I will always remember her kindness. Thank you Beth and everyone else that has helpled me in tough times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new board man!

v8grrl said...

Just linked ya on my blog and posted on facebook...

you go brotha...

i'll be watching for updates!

Post a Comment

Goal

The goal of this event is to skate 3500 miles across America, from Annapolis, Maryland to San Francisco, California, while raising awareness of breast cancer issues and alternative transportation methods. This trip has been approved as a fundraising partner for the American Breast Cancer Foundation.